Saturday, December 17, 2011

Frustrated

I am feeling very frustrated at the moment.  I don't understand why what happened did; I don't get how one can forget to deposit a cheque two months straight.  There is a reason that I trusted one person in my family over another to make sure that my rent cheques were deposited on time.  Sure it would have been less complicated if I had been at the same back because I could have deposited it straight into their account.  Now I am left with the prospect that I won't be able to pay my bills when I want to and that my plans for my birthday that I have wanted to do for sometime will have to be squashed because of the fact that somebody forgot.  Now I have to cancel appointments that I made with the knowledge that I needed them (hair and counselling).  Its not my fault by any degree, but it doesn't help that my employer didn't put a paycheque in my bank account today, that I thought was going to be there.  Now I have had to cancel my counselling appointment (should have known it would be a bad idea to go in December) and am thinking of cancelling my previous engagements for Tuesday.  There was a reason I didn't get anything while in the States and I will need to curtail any sort of driving in town for the foreseeable future, at least during the day time.  That will mean bus and hopefully they can get me to my hair appointment on time.

This has also led to frustration that my cousins have basically not sent me any cards this year.  I went to the trouble and expense of sending it to them and what do I have to show for it…nothing.  I have had about 5 cards this year, way down from last year and none of the regulars have sent me a card.  Sure I understand that people are busy, but honestly, you don't have to create a newsletter every year; just some holiday/christmas wishes would be nice from those that I consider close.  And I get that not everybody is somebody who gives out Christmas cards like water, but why can't people understand the basic necessity of reciprocal behaviour? That basically means that if I send you something, I should expect something in return for it.  And honestly, I would like to see something in my mailbox from time to time, especially since I barely get any mail at all.

I highly doubt my friends and family will see this post, especially since they really don't really engage with me on my book blog anyways.  Oh well.  Guess when I die, nobody will really care.

No comments: